With the October 13, 2022 release of the CPI-U inflation rate we now have the inflation rate for I Bonds for purchases and renewals between November 2022 – April 2023.
To learn more about the latest on I bonds visit our site: I Bonds Rate Prediction.
To make sure you know the basics, and some advanced details on US Series I Savings Bonds, we are replaying a classic episode from late 2021!
In this episode, Jeremy Keil talks to David Enna, the founder of TIPSWatch.com. Join Jeremy and David as they explain the basics of I Bonds, their key benefits, plus they also provide a brief overview of Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS).
- Why Series I Savings Bonds can act as an effective emergency fund
- Potential drawbacks of Series I Savings Bonds that every investor must keep in mind
- Places where you can trade Series I Savings Bonds
- 3 secrets to maximizing the return on your Series I Savings Bond investments
- And more
Make sure you check out the resources below to learn more about U.S. Series I Savings Bonds.
If you have any questions regarding your retirement, investment, or tax planning, feel free to contact us!
- Treasury Direct
- “I Bond Manifesto: Why inflation-linked savings bonds can work as part of your emergency fund” by David Enna
- “Ready to open a TreasuryDirect account? Here are some tips.” by David Enna
- Zvi Bodie (The “Father” of I Bonds)
- IRS form to deposit your refund as an I Bond purchase
- 3 Things You Should Know Before Choosing A Financial Advisor
- 7 Questions That Could Make or Break Your Retirement
- Subscribe to Retirement Revealed on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to Retirement Revealed on Apple Podcasts
Connect With David Enna:
Connect With Jeremy Keil:
- (262) 333-8353
- Keil Financial Partners
- LinkedIn: Jeremy Keil
- Facebook: Jeremy Keil
- LinkedIn: Keil Financial Partners
About Our Guest:
David Enna is a long-time journalist based in Charlotte, N.C, and the founder of TIPSWatch.com. A past winner of two Society of American Business Editors and Writers awards, he has written on real estate and home finance, and was a founding editor of The Charlotte Observer’s website. He has been writing on inflation-protected investments since 2011, and investing in Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS) since 1999. Through his blog on TIPSWatch.com, David explores ideas, benefits, and cautions about TIPS and U.S. Series I Bonds, inflation-protected investments that David believes are under-appreciated and under-used.
Listen to Retirement Revealed on: